We are excited to start regular Ashtanga yoga classes in Yoga House & Spa for those who practice this style of yoga (as taught by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and R. Sharath Jois)!
We have already local community of Ashtangis here in Koh Samui. We practice 6 times per week and we are happy to see new people joining us to share the energy and support each other in regular practice.
That's what we currently have in Yoga House & Spa:
- Ashtanga yoga Mysore classes guided by very experienced teacher — Craig — once per week;
- Ashtanga yoga self-practice classes (like Mysores but with no teacher) — all other days with an exception for Sunday (our weekly day-off) and moon days.
All these classes start early morning (at 6:00 or 6:30 am) — please check our timetable for more details.
Few other notes are:
- no booking is required to join any of these classes but please don't be late;
- while Mysore classes are paid, your participation in self-practice is donation based;
- for self-practice classes, you need to have at least some basic experience in Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga Primary series (and please remember: you are the only one who's responsible for what you're doing on the mat and its consequences);
- you can bring your own yoga mat or use one of those we have.
Check our Samui Ashtanga yoga Facebook community as well!
P.S. You are also very welcome to host your Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga retreat in Koh Samui booking our space. We have had such experience with a variety of KPJAYI authorized teachers already including 2-weeks workshop with Dmitry Baryshnikov (September 2017) and 2-weeks Mysore classes with Cyrl Lagel (August 2018). Feel free to contact us for details.
And here you can see a time-lapse video from our Ashtanga retreat with Anna Guryeva in March'18: