June 1—29, 2018* in Yoga House & Spa (Koh Samui, Lamai)
World-famous Dominique Renucci from Yogayantra comes to Koh Samui for the first time to share her profound experience with you, yogis and yoginis looking for a deeper understanding of yoga, improving your skills and getting your teacher's certification. Being guided by a professional who has been teaching TTCs alone for 12 years already, you're going to discover the full power of yoga and become able to share your comprehensive knowledge with other living beings.
* Please note you should arrive at least on May 31st (our first meeting will happen this day afternoon) and checkout on June 30th (training will finish on the evening of June 29th). It means you need at least 30 nights accommodation (it is included in our packages listed below) starting May 31st. If you can come earlier it will be even better for you.
About Yogayantra and Dominique
Yogayantra is a yoga school registered with Yoga Alliance and its founder and director is Dominique Renucci (E-RYT 500 certified) who has left her country (France) in 1991 to live in Asia. She has studied yoga with many teachers across Europe and Asia, attended many intensive retreats and read tons of books dedicated to Indian philosophy, Tibetan Buddhism and Dzogchen teaching, spent months in self-retreats in secluded places. Dominique has practiced Zen meditation for many years, attended many 10-day Vipassana meditation courses, received empowerment of some Tibetan practices, has been following and practicing the Dzogchen teachings from Choegyal Namkhai Norbu for many years. She is also a student of the medical University of Grenoble (France) and online student of Dr Robert Morse (Florida, USA).
Dominique has been studying Indian philosophy as a teenager coming into the world of yoga in 1975. She started teaching yoga in 1991, attended her first yoga TTC in 1995 and started to teach 200 & 300 hour TTCs in 2005. She has been practicing Iyengar Yoga for years and then switched to Ashtanga style. Now, Dominique practices and teaches Vinyasa Yoga emphasizing mindfulness with fluidity and athleticism combining it with detailed knowledge and precision of Iyengar style. Dominique's broad experience in teaching YTTCs can be validated via Yoga Alliance website.
About TTC: schedule and program
During her teacher training courses, Dominique teaches the whole of yoga, its context, theory and practice. Your daily schedule will be as it follows:
- 07:00 AM — 10:00 AM — practice
- 10:00 AM — 11:00 AM — lunch
- 11:00 AM — 02:00 PM — theory
- 02:00 PM — 04:00 PM — break
- 04:00 PM — 06:00 PM — practice
Note you will have 1 day-off after each 5 days of practice.
Attending this YTTC by Yogayantra will bring you following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Practice. Asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantras, meditations, and other traditional yoga techniques. (115 hours)
- Teaching methodology including principles of demonstration, instruction, observation, assisting/correcting, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and the student's process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga. (25 hours)
- Anatomy and physiology including both «Western» human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and «yogic» anatomy (chakras, nadis, etc). You will learn benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc in yoga. It will help you to enhance your practice, improve your ability to increase your strength, flexibility, endurance, prevent injuries and use yoga to recover from various conditions. It also includes introduction to Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, and shiatsu as related to yoga. (20 hours)
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers. It includes the study of Yoga philosophy (Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita and other scriptures). (30 hours)
- Practicum including practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and teaching, giving feedback and assisting students while someone else is teaching. (10 hours)
- Beginners and even first-timers are also welcome to join this yoga teacher training course (YTTC).
- If you have no plans to teach yoga in nearest future, keep in mind YTTC is the best way to get a profound understanding of what you are doing on your mat and to see how real spiritual path spreads further than any asanas.
Certification (RYT 200)
As Dominique's 200-hour yoga teacher training program is registered with Yoga Alliance (largest international nonprofit association representing the yoga community), successful completion of this course will bring you an international certificate validated by Yoga Alliance (RYT 200).
Since we have no rooms inside our studio, we're glad to offer you different options from nearby hotels. Both are in 300—400 meters from Yoga House & Spa, next to Lamai Beach and highly rated (~8.5/10) at booking.com.
Utopia Resort (shared room, direct access to the beach)
Summer Inn (single/double room, 50 meters from the beach)
Early birds — signing up before January 31st, 2018
- TTC only — 2150 USD
- TTC + accommodation (shared room with aircon, Utopia Resort) + daily vegan lunches — 2790 USD
- TTC + accommodation (private room with aircon, Summer Inn) + daily vegan lunches — 3090 USD
- TTC + accommodation for a couple (double room with aircon, Summer Inn) + daily vegan lunches — 5450 USD (for both)
Signing up from February 1st, 2018
- TTC only — 2550 USD
- TTC + accommodation (shared room with aircon, Utopia Resort) + daily vegan lunches — 3190 USD
- TTC + accommodation (private room with aircon, Summer Inn) + daily vegan lunches — 3490 USD
- TTC + accommodation for a couple (double room with aircon, Summer Inn) + daily vegan lunches — 6290 USD (for both)
Places are limited! Contact us to get more information and make your booking!
P.S. Welcome to join our Facebook event for this TTC as well!