June 1—29, 2018* in Yoga House & Spa (Koh Samui, Lamai)
Hurry up to join — just a few spots left!
World-famous Dominique Renucci from Yogayantra comes to Koh Samui (Thailand) for the first time to share her profound experience with you, yogis and yoginis looking for a deeper understanding of yoga, improving your skills and getting your teacher's certification. Being guided by a professional who has been teaching yoga for 27 years (and TTCs alone for 12+ years already), you're going to discover the full power of yoga and become able to share your comprehensive knowledge with other living beings.
This TTC is not about fancy yoga and fashion but it perfectly fits all other needs of those who'd like to teach yoga to others and/or to fully understand what's happening on a yoga mat and then go much further than just asanas.
* Please note you should arrive at least on May 31st (our first meeting will happen this day afternoon) and checkout on June 30th (training will finish on the evening of June 29th). It means you need at least 30 nights accommodation (it is included in our packages listed below) starting May 31st. If you can come earlier it may be even better for you (due to jet lag).
About Yogayantra and Dominique
Yogayantra is a yoga school registered with Yoga Alliance. Its founder and director is Dominique Renucci (E-RYT 500 certified) who has left her country (France) in 1991 to live in Asia. She has studied yoga with many teachers across Europe and Asia, attended many intensive retreats and read tons of books dedicated to Indian philosophy, Tibetan Buddhism and Dzogchen teaching, spent months in self-retreats in secluded places. Dominique has practiced Zen meditation for many years, attended many 10-day Vipassana meditation courses, received empowerment of some Tibetan practices, has been following and practicing the Dzogchen teachings from Choegyal Namkhai Norbu for many years. She is also a student of the medical University of Grenoble (France) and online student of Dr Robert Morse (Florida, USA).
Dominique has started to study Indian philosophy as a teenager coming into the world of yoga in 1975. Her yoga teaching experience began in 1991. In 1995, she has attended her first yoga TTC and 10 years later she has started to teach 200 & 300 hour TTCs. She has been practicing Iyengar Yoga for years and then switched to Ashtanga style. Now, Dominique practices and teaches Vinyasa Yoga emphasizing mindfulness with fluidity and athleticism combining it with detailed knowledge and precision of Iyengar style. Dominique's broad experience in teaching YTTCs can be validated via Yoga Alliance website.
About TTC: schedule and program
During her teacher training courses, Dominique teaches the whole of yoga, its context, theory and practice.
Be ready for this daily schedule:
- 07:00 AM — 10:00 AM — practice
- 10:00 AM — 11:00 AM — lunch
- 11:00 AM — 02:00 PM — theory
- 02:00 PM — 04:00 PM — break
- 04:00 PM — 06:00 PM — practice
Please note that this schedule is subject to change (insignificantly). There will be 1 day off after each 5 days of practice.
Attending this YTTC by Yogayantra will bring you following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Practice. Asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantras, meditations, and other traditional yoga techniques. (115 hours)
- Teaching methodology including principles of demonstration, instruction, observation, assisting/correcting, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and the student's process of learning, and business aspects of teaching yoga. (25 hours)
- Anatomy and physiology including both «Western» human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and «yogic» anatomy (chakras, nadis, etc). You will learn benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc in yoga. It will help you to enhance your practice, improve your ability to increase your strength, flexibility, endurance, prevent injuries and use yoga to recover from various conditions. It also includes introduction to Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, and shiatsu as related to yoga. (20 hours)
- Yoga philosophy, lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers. It includes the study of Yoga philosophy (Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita and other scriptures). (30 hours)
- Practicum including practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and teaching, giving feedback and assisting students while someone else is teaching. (10 hours)
Please also note:
- Beginners and even first-timers are also welcome to join this yoga teacher training course (YTTC).
- Our group size is limited, so it won't be overcowded and every student will get individual attention.
- If you have no plans to teach yoga in nearest future, keep in mind YTTC is the best way to get a profound understanding of what you are doing on your mat and to see how real spiritual path spreads further than any visible forms of yoga.
Certification (RYT 200)
As Dominique's 200-hour yoga teacher training program is registered with Yoga Alliance (largest international nonprofit association representing the yoga community), successful completion of this course will bring you an international certificate validated by Yoga Alliance (RYT 200).
Located in the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Samui is a picturesque tourist destination which is well-known for its palm-fringed beaches, coconut groves, and dense, mountainous rainforest.
Yoga House & Spa has been started as a yoga studio being later extended to a wellness center. It is placed in the middle of Lamai (south-east of Samui) which is considered as a perfectly balanced area being well developed but not overcrowded and having beautiful nature around its long beach on one side and lush jungles in mountains on another.
Since we have no rooms inside our studio, we're glad to offer you different options from modern, clean hotels located in 300—400 meters from Yoga House & Spa. Both of them are next to Lamai Beach of Koh Samui and highly rated (~9 of 10) at booking.com.
You are also welcome to find any other suitable accommodation on the island and we're happy to help you with that.
Summer Inn (single/double room, 50 meters from the beach)
Crystal Lamai Hotel (shared room, swimming pool & 500 meters from the beach)
«At the end of the first week of 300-hour TTC in Rishikesh, a student came to me and said, “thank you”. I said, “why?” She replied, “because in these 5 days, I’ve learned more than in the whole 200-hour TTC I attended.” [It was guided by other teacher in Koh Samui.]»
Here you can find few examples of feedback kindly provided by Dominique's TTCs' students (discover more at Yogayantra site):
- «… The knowledge I attained from you is absolutely immeasurable; I was flicking through my notes from my 200 hour course the other day and was astounded at the amount I gained from you in comparison. I truly feel like I know what I'm doing and I feel confident to teach, and in light of the first few weeks of the course I was considering telling you I just didn't want to teach in any way, that's pretty incredible…» — P.W. from TTC in Rishikesh (India), September 2017.
- «… You changed me huge, not only yoga, but also the way of living, we cannot only stay at our comfort zone, the more tougher but the more stronger we be, dear domini, you are really warm inside actually…» — C.W. from TTC in Rishikesh (India), September 2017.
- «… You brought to the course a new dimension that may be if it had been another teacher would not have been. You have your very unique ways.!!!!!! . that for me made the whole difference ..I have a new understànding and appreciation of my body, its complexity and also a new outlook on life itself…» — F.D. from TTC in Nha Trang (Vietnam), June 2013.
- «… Thank you for your lecture on Ahimsa. It was one of the most profound lessons… I am proud to be your student… What I have learned from you is immense and has influenced many aspects of my teaching and practice…» — TTK from TTC in Shanghai (China), September 2012.
Dominique's TTC's students in Chile, February/March 2018
And of course you're welcome to check our place's (Yoga House & Spa) reviews at TripAdvisor!
Current prices (including last minute discount!)
- TTC only — 2550 2350 USD
- TTC + accommodation (private room with aircon, Summer Inn) + daily vegan lunches — 3590 3290 USD
- TTC + accommodation (shared room with aircon, Crystal Lamai) + daily vegan lunches — 3290 2990 USD
- TTC + accommodation for a couple (double room with aircon, Summer Inn) + daily vegan lunches — 6390 5790 USD (for both)
P.S. Join our Facebook event as well.
Places are limited and just few of them left! Don't be late with your reservation or any questions!
Book your space